4/17/14

Happiness is..

Today is a cloudy gloomy day here in Wisconsin which calls for a couple cups of coffee. I have to tell you that I am very thankful that I don't live in the northern part of Wisconsin like I did about 7 years ago. They were blasted with 17 inches of snow yesterday (C'mon Mother Nature it's April already!!!) Needing a couple cups of coffee is what inspired me to post this card today.

Coffee with friends- Precious Remembrance Stamps

I used my Precious Remembrance stamps again today (gush/love).  I used the Coffee Love stamp set to paper piece the coffee cup and was completely inspired by my friend Amy T. to finally stamp with felt. I don't do it nearly the justice that she does, but its a start ;)  I also used the Positive Thoughts stamp set to make those little 'coffee stains'. I had trouble photographing this card to show the embossing on the bottom matting layer but it adds so much texture to this card. The embossing folder that I used is one of the new releases from Elizabeth Craft Design.

Alright, enough of my ramblings for today. If you are traveling this weekend for the holiday please be safe and enjoy your company.

3 comments:

~amy~ said...

♥♥love♥♥

Misty said...

Great papers and positioning. Love it.

Ashley Newell said...

Super cute! You know how I feel about coffee. :) I love the ring things you stamped too. I know there's a real work for it but I haven't finished my coffee yet for today.